Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

summer 2012

I suck at making collages. But I tried to collect some of my very few photos I have from the past summer. I almost didn´t take out my camera at all, so the photos are either taken with my Iphone, or taken by someone else.

We tried to be out as much as possible. It was kind of a depressing summer, weatherwise, but we tried. We went to the movie with Micah for the first time, we had pizza in the court yard, and we even sat out at the play ground thru some rain. We just had to use umbrellas. (ok, we gave up after 15 minutes, but we tried).
One day when it felt sort of warm, we went to the fake lake. It got cold.And the kids we went with ended up being covered in leaches :o  So we didn´t go back.
Compared to the summer before that, it was a little miserable. I love the heat. Yes, I do. I´d rather sweat than freeze!!! And I didn´t sweat last summer. Just a few days in May (ahh) -well, I don´t love sweat, I just rather be warm than chilly! If you get me.

One really fun thing we did, was taking a family cruise with our dear friends, the Vallgren family. Us three and them four, all in one car, we where off to Stockholm to take the ship to Åbo (finland) and back. We didn´t get of there, it was just like a floating hotel. That was the whole point.
We ate goood food. We played. we laughed. we went to story time with the famous finish characters from the stories about the Moomin Troll . We even went swimming on the ship! It was perfect :)
(so was the tax free shops).

Hoping for a warmer summer this year.. But it´s not looking good. It´s almost May, and the leaves has not even budded yet! I wish to sweat just a little at least ;)

love Dana

1 comment:

  1. Ah, welcome back! I love the picture of Josh and Micah in the theater . . . and the boys reading a book! :)

    Here's hoping for a summer that's not too hot, not too cool, but just right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They make my day :)