Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

out of this funk

Hi.
I´m here, because I promised my husband I would start blogging again. And that I would start taking photos again. He knows it does me good. But I just have not cared this past month..
I have been in a "funk", I guess you can read depression. I just do not know what happened. I´m sort of back now though, and that is what matters. Also, being like this has brought good things with it. It was a time for me to reflect over things. Over what I really want, and over what is most important to me. I have been prioritizing  a bit odd, and I´m trying to change that.I have been rushing in to things , not really knowing what I was doing. I´m slowing down now..
I´ll write more about it all later.

One thing though, I have been thinking about is my photography. It is my passion, but I have been living a bit too "stuck in the clouds" about it. What I want to do is maybe not strive so much towards being perfect! It just does the opposite. And as much as I would love to be called professional one day, that is not what I´m aiming for anymore. I have come to the conclusion, that what I really love the most about photography is the documenting life as it is! Like I used to do, before I got caught up in all the photography frenzy out there, and the constant feeling of not being good enough.
Like when I brought my camera everywhere, just to, like I said, document life, that is what I want to do again.
So, amongst other things I´m changing, I have deleted my facebook page I made for my photography. (what a relief) .
 
This blog will be just my place to document my life, write down my reflections, and a bunch of things in the middle :)

This is just one thing out of many that has occupied my brain lately, but like I said, I´ll get back to that later.

I´m starting again, not only for my husband, but because I know he is right. I need a place to vent. To share my life, and to write down some of my thoughts.

I would love if you follow my journey with me :)
Love to all my friends , new and old, that actually takes the time to read my blog!

4 comments:

  1. I love that feeling of relief when you stop competing with the rest of the world and just be you! You are unique and amazing, and it doesn't matter how you "compare" to everyone else. God made you in His image, therefore you are perfect in His eyes and that is what matters.

    But I know how you feel about trying really hard to do something and then realizing it is not what you wanted to do at all in the first place. Everyone loses their way sometimes, including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOORAY! You're back--most importantly, you're back to your passion. Can't wait to see what you capture . . . in life and photography! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Äntligen!!!! när jag såg länken på FB tänkte jag äntligen och nu ÄNTLIGEN mår hon lite bättre. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy. I used to look at tons of photography blogs and wonder whether my blog and photography could "live up" to everything out there. And I concluded that it couldn't because it was my own individual journey and no elses. So whenever I'm feeling dow and out about my progress, I look at the photos I took a year ago and realize how far I've come :)

    I'm so glad you're back to blogging! I've missed seeing your face and Micah's around these parts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They make my day :)