Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

give me the faith

Do you remember Ace of Base? (I mean as they where in the 90:ies)
Happy Nation was the second CD I got. (Pet Shop Boys was the first one) . That was a long long time ago.
I didn´t listen so much to their music after that. Just here and there on the radio. They were good, but I just got interested in other types of music. (still proud to be from the same country as them)
Haven´t really thought of the group since, til a couple of weeks ago, when I found a book written by Jenny Berggren (one of the singers) . It´s called "To win the world" (Vinna hela världen).
She writes about life as a world famous singer, and how she tries to make that work alongside with here Christian faith. All I can say from reading this book is that this girl is genuine. She is living In the world, but yet seem to have managed to not live Of the world.
So, reading this, I decided to search Spotify to see if she kept on recording. And she did. That is how I found this beautiful song that I can, in my everyday life, make my prayer.
Take some time to listen to it.

"Give me the faith that moves the mountains
Mountains of sorrow and despair
Take me through journeys of redemption
Lord, make this broken angel sing"


3 comments:

  1. That book sounds interesting; and I love finding new music! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to check out that book!
    LOVE ace of base :)

    hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. vilken underbar o stark sång

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They make my day :)